AIAL Roof Maintenance
Sector: Airports & Ports
Client: Auckland International Airport Ltd
Dates: February 2017 – Current
Project Location: Auckland International Airport
Frequency Role: Project Manager
Frequency is currently engaged by Auckland International Airport Ltd to assist with roof maintenance at the International Terminal building.
The project includes management of scope, concept design solutions, design management, procurement and construction. The works will be carried out over a live operational airport terminal, making it highly sensitive to noise, dust and weather etc.
The project is currently in the design and investigation phase and Frequency are involved with assessing the choice of roof materials, and the different approaches that can be taken to the roof build, these are:
- Completely remove the existing roof and replace with the new one.
- Leave the existing roof and place a new roof directly over the top.
- Overlaying the existing roof with new roof insulation and cladding.
- Fully operational airport terminal under roof which cannot be affected during construction.
- Careful asbestos removal needed.
- Working with multiple stakeholders and contractors, multiple user interfaces (retail lounge, airport operations, property, local authority consents etc).